Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My (celeb-filled) CW-11 Morning Show Performance!


I recently performed my song "Bollywood Girl" on the CW-11 and it was SO exciting! Everyone at that station was so incredibly sweet!

(*The entire performance can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/tinasugandh ).

I didn't even mind waking up at 2:30am to get ready. (Ok, maybe I did mind that just a bit...) My poor makeup artist had to come over around 3:15am! (A huge thank you to Alexa for doing that! www.theglamfairy.com)

Ok, so the first person I saw when I walked in was Dee Snider (the lead singer of Twisted Sister). It's kind of surreal to be in sleepy mode and then walk right into Dee! I have met him several times before, and every time he had asked about the album I would reply, "still working on it"! So when I proudly told Dee that my album is finally out, he sincerely (in that hardcore, passionate NYC way) said "Congrats, this is YOUR time", which was really, really sweet.

Then we ran into Mookie Wilson, who is THE man!! (You baseball fans know why!)

Then we went into the greenroom and got ready for the interview and performance. It was me, my dancers- Ryan Holder and Brandon William, my choreographer Ayesha Khanna (www.Bollywoodfunknyc.com), and Alexa. We were all fairly calm before the performance, and went completely bonkers afterward. (Yes, I used the word "bonkers"). In fact, I may just put some footage up on my youtube show of us in, um, full-blown-bonkers mode. Stay tuned....

Anyway, after the performance was over, we ran into Jennifer Love Hewitt (who looked SO pretty), and Jamie Kennedy, and Marlon Wayans. Marlon was totally confused when I told him about the tabla so I switched to the term "Indian drum", and he said (in that hysterical "Marlon" way) "why didn't you just call them 'Indian drums'?! If you had said 'Indian drums' I would have known what you were talking about all along!" He's seriously hysterical.

As always with any performance, there were little things that went wrong. For example, at the very being of my song "Bollywood Girl", the veil that I bend down to pick up was missing! (Hopefully no one could see that I panicked on the inside for a split second). Also, my foot jewelry starting slipping off half way through the performance and it kept poking me in the bottom of my foot. OUCH.

Other than tiny things like that, it was an AWESOME day! Thank you CW-11!!! I can't wait to come back!

No comments: