Sunday, May 10, 2009

My nomination - and win!

Me in NYC at the gorgeous ballroom of Ciprianis with my award!


Last night was LOTS of fun. I attended Sony Entertainment Television's "South Asian Excellence Awards" where I was nominated in the Entertainment category! The event was at the ballroom of Ciprianis in NYC which is absolutely gorgeous. I actually ended up winning which was really an honor considering the other two amazing nominees were Sheena Melwani and G Deep. The room was filled with people in all different fields that work really hard to contribute to this world in a postive way, and it was really inspiring to read about all of the nominees in every category.

The strangest part of the night was that I actually went out after the event! I can still hardly believe that I dared to take a few hours off work. I have been working 7 days a week from morning to night, so the fact that I actually went out to a place that had nothing to do with work was like a tiny miracle. It was a really fun night overall...the event at Ciprianis followed by some pool at Snafu.

Ok, time to go rehearse for my performance of "Bollywood Girl" on the CW-11 morning show on Friday. Omg, I just realized my album in out in 2 days! I can't wait!!

No comments: