Sunday, December 14, 2008

Remembering Ma



On Dec 3rd, my incredible mother , my best friend, a woman of absolute perfection in my eyes, Geeta Sugandh, passed away. She was 55. Amazingly, mom remained smiley, positive, and radiant throughout her battle with cancer. She is the most genuine and inspirational woman I will ever know. She has inspired me on a daily basis with her lessons of family togetherness, positivity, staying healthy and active, unconditional love, and so much more. Her heart was bigger than an ocean, her eyes sparkled, and her smile brightened up the world.

She passed peacefully in her place of perfection, the arms of her soul mate, my father, Kanaiya Sugandh.


Geeta and Kanaiya are the epitome of true love. They did not spend a minute apart and could not experience true joy without the presence of one another. There are really no words to describe a love as pure and genuine as theirs. At 6:20am, on Dec 3rd, Dad found the courage to begin to tell Ma that although he can not be happy without her, he was going to try to be okay, and that she could relax. Once he stopped talking, her breathing immediately began to slow down and she passed away 60 seconds later, at 6:26am.

My mother has always taught me to focus only on the good-in everyone and in everything. So I am not angry now. I am only grateful for every single second that I got to be in my mother's presence. I never thought I deserved a mother as beautiful as Ma, and I will try my best to live life to the fullest by spreading beauty, happiness, and positivity in the world as she has always taught me to.

My mother is the sole reason that our family began performing together when I was just five years old. I will always try my best to use music as a way to inspire and encourage others and to make them smile-just as she did. Her legacy will live on.


This video clip best defines Ma. This is what I got to be around all the time. I am just so lucky for every single second that I got to be around her.





This is a private tender moment between my parents, in 2008. I am so grateful to have witnessed such affection, warmth, endless devotion, and true unconditional love. This video was taken in their 37th year of marriage.




Mom and Dad love to sing and dance!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful person. She will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Aww, my thoughts are w/ you.
Keep your chin up!

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear Tina. Yes, her legacy will definitely live on through you.

Anonymous said...

My deepest condolences to you Tina, and your family. Your mother was a beautiful person indeed, her beauty and inner essence show through every word, action and expression of hers. God bless always, may her soul rest in peace. My thoughts & prayers are with you...

Anonymous said...

your mom was indeed a very special person.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that....

Vivian Vega said...

Tina and Family, my heart truly goes out to you. I will always remember the image of your mother coming over to my house carrying with her such a beautiful smile and an auora of peace and happiness. She was so young and beautiful and sweet. May your memories of her live forever and may her love, spirit and joy always remain a part of you. My love to you and your family.